So I see that Daniel Craig will be Macbeth on Broadway.
But before they settled on James Bond, I hear they were considering
1. Idris Elba, but he didn’t want to commit until he heard if he was the next 007.
2. Jason Statham, but he didn’t want to commit until he heard if Idris Elba was the next 007.
3. Hugh Jackman chose the new musical version of Romeo and Juliet instead.
4. Ian Mckellan couldn’t decide whether to break his Hamlet contract.
5. Patrick Stewart said he’d rather play Hamlet if McKellan broke his contract.
6. William Shatner said he’d rather play Hamlet if McKellan broke his contract.
7. Glenda Jackson said she was bored with playing Shakespearean men.
8. Meryl Streep wanted to wait, knowing she’d win an Oscar if they do a movie version.
9. The one I always confuse with Streep, the rabbit boiler, but Michael Douglas declined the role of Lady Macbeth.
10. Jerry Seinfeld would only do it if it were shot in his car.
11. Neil Patrick Harris said he was tired of drama and wanted to explore his comedic side.
12. So in the end, at number twelve, they settled for Craig.